Welcome to the Halo Pet Foundation
Improving the wellbeing of pets and the people who love them
Inspired by our love for animals, we strive to help pets and their families live longer, happier, healthier lives together. Specifically, we seek to educate people on responsible pet ownership, eliminating animal abuse and reducing the overpopulation of uncared-for pets.
Through the Halo Pet Foundation, whose mission is to improve the wellbeing of pets and the people who love them, we support great organizations, including The Humane Society of the United States, the ASPCA, National Canine Cancer Foundation, Center for Canine Behavior Studies, The Green Chimneys Human Animal Interaction conference, Pets for Patriots, and more.
Halo, Purely for Pets, donates a minimum of ½% of sales—five times the national corporate giving average—to the Halo Pet Foundation and to provide food for shelter pets.
Featured Grant Recipients
The Halo Pet Foundation™ announces nine non-profit organizations are awarded $55,000 in grants to continue their missions that focus on animal and human welfare as well as sustainability and the environment. Each of the grant recipients embody the mission of Halo Pet Foundation… to enhance the well being of pets and the people who love them by striving to help them live longer, happier, healthier lives together.
Global Animal Partnership
A non-profit organization that brings together a diverse group (farmers, scientists, retailers, manufacturers and animal advocates) with the common goal of improving farm animal welfare standards around the world.
The Halo Pet Foundation's focus on responsible pet ownership, eliminating animal abuse and reducing overpopulation of uncared for pets is in keeping with GAP's goal of improving the lives of animals.
- Anne Malleau, Executive Director, GAP
Pet Sustainability Coalition
Accelerate environmental and social sustainability in the pet industry through education, implementation tools and collaboration.
Through innovative industry collaboration like this we can accelerate the entire industry toward positive stewardship of our natural resources and global communities.
- Caitlyn Dudas, Executive Director, Pet Sustainability Coalition
Wings of Rescue
Airlift large number of at-risk, healthy pets long distances from high-intake shelters to their network of shelters throughout the United States and Canada that have plenty of space and adopters waiting.
It is only natural that we partner with the Halo Foundation as we share the exact same moral code, trying to make the world a healthier and better place for pets — and their human families.
- Ric Browde, CEO, Wings of Rescue
Many and Friends Foundation
From a child with a serious illness to a rescue organization helping save homeless pets, Manny harnesses the power of his passionate community to raise awareness and assist those who need the most help.
Lil BUB's Big Fund for the ASPCA
Supports homeless pets with special needs nationwide.
National Bison Association
The Bison 1 Million is a dedicated effort among ranchers, conservationists, tribal leaders and the public to restore one million bison to the rangelands of North America.
The Arizona Animal Welfare League
Rescue, rehabilitate and rehome dogs, cats, puppies, kittens throughout the State of Arizona that have been surrendered, abused and neglected.
The Shelter to Service program provides highly trained, lifesaving service dogs to military veterans struggling with Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury.
The Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation
Supports health and wellness related causes that directly impact the neighborhoods where Sprouts customers and team members live, work and play.
The Humane Society of the United States (multiple grants)
Center for Canine Behavior Studies
Pets for Patriots
National Canine Cancer Foundation
Friends of Green Chimneys
Northeast Animal Shelter
Halo Pet Foundation Funding
Where do our resources come from?
- HALO, Purely for Pets donates a minimum of 1/2% of sales — five times the national corporate giving average* — to the Halo Pet Foundation and to provide food for shelter pets.
- Halo, Purely for Pets makes significant in-kind contributions of products and services (in addition to cash giving). Halo's corporate commitment is to "seek to bring together every resource at Halo's disposal — our unique history, ownership, partners, devoted customers and education vehicles — to maximize the impact of our philanthropy."
- Most importantly, Halo's amazing customers and the entire pet-loving public contribute money, time and energy to the cause.
- 100% of your donation goes directly to support exemplary nonprofit organizations making a difference for pets and the people who love them (Halo corporate philanthropy assures that none of your donation goes to Halo Pet Foundation administrative or fundraising costs)
- Please join us!
*According to "The 2008 Corporate Contributions Report" published by the Conference Board, Halo's commitment is more than five times the national corporate average of 0.09% of sales.
Lend a Paw
Send a Check
Halo Pet Foundation
12400 Race Track Road
Tampa, FL 33626
100% of your donation will help pets and the people who love them.
Halo is the exclusive sponsor of Freekibble.com and Freekibblekat.com. When you answer the fun trivia questions on those sites, Halo will donate more food to animal shelters and rescues. We're proud to be the exclusive Kibble sponsor of Freekibble!
- We proactively partner with and provide grants to a small number of respected, highly effective nonprofit organizations to achieve our mission.
- In addition, we make a limited number of smaller gifts.
- Currently, we do not accept unsolicited Grant requests. The Foundation initiates communication with groups we are considering to support.